This was the first time I have ever potato stamped. Can you believe it? I've wanted to do it for a long time, but never got around to it. When I saw this and this post I knew it was time to go for it.
For my first print, I really wanted to make an argyle design. Cutting a diamond was easy peasy.
For some reason I had a little difficulty lining up my diamonds. For the most part they turned out pretty good. I also liked the look of some being dark and others light.
I wanted purple lines, but didn't have any purple paint. Using the old fashioned color wheel, I made me some purple. It turned out more plum, but you get the idea. I painted dashed lines across the whole pattern and it looked too busy. Then I connected the dashes to make straight lines and it started to look ugly.
The plum with the black looked a little goth. I am calling this a small craft fail. I haven't decided if this fabric is going in the trash, or if I should still make something with it.
Don't fret my friends. I did have a little triumph too.
Cutting out the pineapple made me giddy. I was so excited to print the pineapple on the natural linen in a lime green paint! It wasn't perfection, but that's what I loved about it.
With all the back to school excitement, I decided to make myself a pencil case with this print. It's sitting by my sewing machine waiting to be stitched together. I will share pictures when it's done.
Speaking of school... Davis starts tomorrow morning. I'm hoping we can wake up on time!