I was inspired by the origami heart garland Jessica posted a few weeks ago. With my magazine banners everywhere, I needed another way to incorporate the origami heart.
Introducing my neon heart napkins!
Reusable or disposable napkins can both be folded into hearts. The trick is getting the right size rectangle to begin with. Here are three different napkin sizes that I was able to fold into hearts.
1. Open up your napkins and assess the size of your rectangle.
2. Make necessary folds to get a long skinny rectangle. The red napkin was fine, and for the other two, I just folded them down in half.
3. Find your center point of the rectangle and fold each short end towards the top. Align the bottom edge with the center line like in picture three.
4. Repeat step number three to the opposite side. Your napkin should have a nice point like an arrow.
5. Following picture number five, fold down your two center corners to create the V of the heart.
If you like yourself and angular heart you could be finished here. Want a little more? Fold the out side corners in just a little bit.
You should now have an origami heart napkin ready to wipe your cute little face.
The fabric store had some nice neon quilting cotton that I couldn't pass up. I serged up some big square napkins and folded them into hearts. The fabric napkins don't crease and stay as easily as paper napkins. Iron your folds as you go along. The fabric hearts will be nice and flat.
I'm pretty excited about the pop of color these napkins are going to bring to our Valentine table.
Alright friends. Have a great Friday. My kids are home from school today, so I'm dragging them to day care while I treat myself to a facial. Oh, lucky me!
Salty Signature—Begin typing above